Church Street Bridal - Wedding Gowns for a Cause! YWCA of Central Virginia

In case anyone was wondering... I purchased my Kleinfield's dress at Church Street Bridal in Lynchburg, VA.  Had I purchased it at Kleinfield's it would have been well over $1200 ( I think... can't rememeber exactly, but it was a lot).

Here is a picture of my beautiful dress.


Another great thing that I absolutely love is that Church Street Bridal is a wonderful program that helps support the YWCA for women and children.  It's actually located upstairs in the YWCA.

I did want to mention a few quick things if you are considering on going there to shop for your gown.   Ladies, it's hit or miss.  After several trips of not finding anything that I loved I came back one afternoon with no expectations, and I found my dress.  The dress had a stitch that came out in the front, and in all honesty I think that's why it was still there.  It was a easy fix that was done when I had my dress altered.

Some of the women that go in there aren't always very careful when trying on dresses.  You may see a foot print, or they loosened a button, or they may even be a stitch missing... but keep in mind it can be spot cleaned and most likely you'll be having the dress altered anyway, so zippers, buttons, hems, and stiches can all be fixed.

Another thing to mention is that dresses come in all the time from various designers.  They send them last season gowns and sample dresses.  As a result, they ususally only have one of each style of dress.  So, if you find a gorgeous dress you love in a size 6, and it's too small, then either two things will need to happen...

  1. Diet like crazy before the wedding and maybe have it taken out a tiny bit.
  2. Let the dress go, because there is a good chance they will NOT have it in a size 8!
Lastly, if you are thinking of going with your bridesmaids,and making a day of it, then I highly recommend going down to the basement formal wear shop.

Dress trying on pointers:
  • Dresses always run 1-2 sizes smaller than your street clothes. 
  • Bring someone with you to help.  The salesperson may not be busy and they only have two fitting rooms.
  • If you find a dress that you love, and it's too big.. Perfect! ( it can always be taken in, but not alway taken out)
  • DON"T PAY ATTENTION TO THE SIZE ON THE LABEL!   I know you will, but try not to.  It's depressing because it WILL be bigger than what you usually wear.  Also, they best way to fit a gown is at your widest part of your body. 
Good luck shopping, and please stop by Church Street Bridal!  

Comments

  1. Awesome photos of wedding couples and credit goes to the photographer for the wonderful stills. This information present in this post will be useful for the engaged people. The engaged people may use the android wedding app to ease the wedding tension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. Those wedding pictures were actually of our wedding day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts