Who wants a little DIY in their wedding planning life?

My mind is all over the place thinking of DIY projects!  I know, I'm super excited!  On my wedding day we were so busy finally getting things together to bring all the DIY goodies to their special places.  Thank goodness my family pitched in to help decorate before.

I would recommend making a list of the things you want to accomplish.  Seriously!  The reason why is once you hit that craft store and start buying everything you'll need, you will soon start putting things together, and then... you'll forget what you were working on, start working on two projects at a time, and the list goes on, and on.  Lastly, you'll go to Pinterest for inspiration and you find the perfect project for you.  But wait!  You already went to the store.  Yikes!  Seriously, make a list, research projects, edit your list, research some more, wait a week, then go back to researching, and then finally go to the store.  

Here are a few more to add to your research list. By the way happy wedding planning, and hope you have fun crafting!

1. The $5.00 Wedding Veil.  




Shopping for the veil is so much fun.  I think other than trying on wedding dresses the veil somehow made the whole experience seem like I was "really" a bride.  Actually, I had two veils that my mom, sister, and I had picked out since we couldn't decide which one.  In the hustle and bustle my mom forgot to bring them with her from Northern Virginia to our wedding four hours away.  Oh well... my good friend did my make-up and had just gotten married before me.  She came to the rescue and let me borrow her veil.  

To make your own all you need is some tulle or chiffon, a little ribbon, and a sewing machine to make this veil.  Compare to bridal shops that charge anywhere from $75 up to $350 this one is just as beautiful. 


2. The Boutonniere 


Boutonniere's aren't that expensive individually, but when you're buying them for your whole wedding party it can add up fast.  Making them yourself isn't that hard, takes a little patience, and so much cheaper than buying them at your florist.  If you don't have time to DIY this project, or are worried that the flowers won't look as fresh the day of then I would highly recommend using artificial flowers, or going to your local grocery store that has a florist department.  They can do them all for you at a reasonable price.  Plus, they look just like the ones at the fancy florist. 

3. The photo booth

This is such a popular trend at weddings.  I shot a wedding with another photographer and my main responsiblity was doing the photo booth.  OMG... what fun!  People were acting goofy, and the addition of funny hats and mustaches made this a big hit at the wedding! 

Now you can rent one for your big day, but if you have the time and the determination you could constuct your own photo booth for super cheap. 

Here are a few great diy's I found online:


  • The $50 photo booth:    https://ideas.evite.com/diy/backyard-photo-booth/ 



  • Make a backdrop with plywood for a photo booth backdrop!

Image and Tutorial: http://www.averielane.com/2013/07/wedding-part-4-photo-booth.html



Or for some sparkle...
Image and tutorial: https://rooneyphotography.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/do-it-yourself/

Comments

Popular Posts